What can you do to overcome Social Media Addiction?
Over the last year especially it is becoming more and more common for people to escape into the online world. As our world finds a new normal there are some things we can implement to help overcome our overuse of technology in general and social media in particular:
- Spend time talking to the person in front of you, not checking your newsfeed.
- Stop worrying about people liking your tweets, realize we all have different opinions and points of view.
- Enjoy a romantic walk in the park detached from the drama of your friend’s rants, or their suggestions for how to spend your date.
- Sleep in a room without your smartphone and get the restful night you deserve.
Alyssa has experience with leading social media addiction workshops and groups. She uses several treatment modalities to treat Social Media Addiction including strong Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) skills. Her genuine care and nonjudgmental approach will make you feel comfortable working through any difficult areas. We have several other therapists with this training – our intake advisor can help you decide who to schedule with.
Why Cognitive Behavior Therapy?
- Short-term and goal orientated
- It changes your thinking about your problem area – in this case Social Media
- It changes the way that you feel – so the change is long term