Call Now for an appointment!
Professional Counseling In Pittsburgh’s South Hills
Women’s Mental Health Concerns
Why Women’s counseling? Being a woman today is like Dickens described so long ago – the best of times and the worst of times. It is easy sharing the best of times with family and friends – but what do you do when the great times of life go dark? Women today have to deal with so many issues – things like:
- Work life balance
- Post Partum depression
- Fellings of not being “enough”
- Chronic pain
- and yes – too often single motherhood
But in the south hills of Pittsburgh it is good to know that you are not alone and you have an outlet for those feelings that is safe and trusting with Alyssa. She has made her focus a variety of programs designed to provide for the best women’s counseling techniques today.
Book an appointment with Alyssa
The facts about women in 2017:
- Mothers are the primary or sole earner for about 40% of households with children under 18 (US department of Labor)
- 72% of moms with children over 1 year old work (about the same as childless women)
- Women average 2.2 hrs / day, vs. 1.3 hrs / day for men
- Moms with a full-time job spend 13 hours working at the office or at home on family chores.
Women’s counseling can help your “issues”:
- Accept and honor your feelings – even the bad ones
- Carve out some “me” time, even if it is just a few minutes a day
- Find a support system – a friend who will listen and not solve your problems or a support group
- Exercise at least three times each week for thirty minutes or more – look at it as “me” time
- As has been written about so often – find and count your blessings
- Get professional support when you feel out of control and everything else fails to change your feelings
Alyssa has experience with leading social media addiction workshops and groups. She specializes in women’s counseling and has several treatment modalities to treat women’s mental wellbeing including strong Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) skills. Her genuine care and nonjudgmental approach will make you feel comfortable working through any difficult areas.
Why Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
- Short-term and goal orientated
- It changes your thinking about your problem area – in this case Social Media
- It changes the way that you feel – so the change is long term
Call Alyssa today!